Friday, 23 March 2012

oh Ducky









Have been on duck patrol most of the week & feel desperately sad that once again they have chosen my garden to nest in .
I've seen babies eaten by cats mothers squashed on road and last year after a desperate effort to help them cross the road to get to meadows , my neighbour and I halted traffic only for one impatient person to swerve around queue and flatten all of the line of ducklings......  it's made worse as our house is on a high bank which they just drop off  to trundle across road.

I have tried to contact some one for help but it's no go....
& now in 28days the same fate will befall them once more. 

I've made a quick digital post of the pair ........ guess it will be ducklings soon then. Hope it's useful , the same stamp has been used for both male and female although she is much slighter if you wanted to redraw.......



would like to thank you all for mails and also letting me see how you use images . It's great to share =)

12 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, how sad for the ducks and family :( It would break my heart :( Wish there were some help for them. Thank you for the beautiful images. Bless you for taking the time to create and to care for God's creations.
Barb

macma said...

Thankyou Sharon they are lovely.So sorry to hear about the ducks.x

susan said...

Oh, my! I don't know how you stand it. Seeing those little ducklings and their parents and knowing what their fate will probably be, would kill me.
Thank you for the wonderful freebies!

weva said...

Thank you!!

DianeL said...

I love this batch - how clever. Thanks for sharing

Cathy -Mercieschild said...

I love these, thank yu bunches and bunches hugs Cathy

Deonna said...

These are wonderful! I love ducks!
Thank you,

Esther said...

Thank you very much for sharing these duck images. I think I'm going to use the line drawing one to make two facing each other for an anniversary card. Your digi paper gave me the idea - Thanks! I do hope the ones in your garden have a better ending this year!

Cindy - John 3:16 said...

Awwww sad story, but really cute digis. I hope you get some help soon for the ducks. I hate seeing animals mistreated. :)

Carol said...

Thank you for the beautiful papers and duck stamp. We have raised poultry for decades and still shake our heads when a hen (chicken or duck) decides to nest in an unsafe area and we don't find out until later. Duck digis are hard to find, so many thanks!

txexperiment said...

Sorry to hear about your ducks. It is hard when there isn't much you can do about it.

These images are just lovely. My hubby loves ducks and our anniversary is this week. Thanks so much!

Suvenkorento said...

Thanks for the cute ducks :)